Second thoughts

momfirst2000
on 2/17/12 1:38 am - livermore, CA
DS on 02/29/12
 I have 12 days to go and today i am flooded with thoughts of am i making the right choice i have never doubted myself today, are my thoughts normal  did anyone else wonder these things or am i am trippin .
A. Holt
on 2/17/12 2:37 am
2 week freak.

Or you could call it the "intersection of terror and excitement".

You will be fine, these thoughts are normal.
momfirst2000
on 2/17/12 2:39 am - livermore, CA
DS on 02/29/12
 Thank you i was afraid i was just over reacting with the mixed feelings.
galla1
on 2/17/12 4:06 am
 Very norm!! Try to remind yourself why you are doing this when you have second thoughts.. I would look at before and after pics of others, it helped!! The DS has changed my life... No regrets!! 

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
tina M.
on 2/17/12 4:30 am - sciez, France
 I remember feeling the same way.  It was the BEST decision that I ever made.  To go from feeling like I dont want people to see me to wanting people to look at me.  Fitting in chairs, loving to go out and do things without fear of  social rejection.  There is also the health factor. :p
You wont regret it and its really not bad.  I had mine in two parts and by the second one I was a pro at the surgery thing.  Good luck to you and dont worry, your life will change for the better.

linda1814
on 2/17/12 7:27 am
It is normal to experience the "two week freak".  You are right on time.  
Yes, it is a big huge life changing decision but know that you've chosen the best possible surgeon to perform your DS.  He is highly skilled and so experienced.  He's seen it all and he's done it all so you're in the best possible hands.  Are you having surgery at St. Mary's?  The staff was incredibly nice and compassionate there.  Just remember to walk as soon as you can and often - it felt odd but they made me walk after leaving recovery before every getting to go lay in my room.  I just remember feeling like if I could do that, I could do anything.  Sip, walk, sip, rest, sip, repeat.  

Is it weird that I sometimes almost get jealous of new ops?  LOL.  Yes, I was terrified too but it's such an exciting time afterward and all the positive changes and experiences that you enjoy make this nervousness just a distant memory.  

Wishing you a quick and easy recovery

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

* Gail R *
on 2/17/12 7:41 am - SF Bay Area, CA
What sane person would not feel nervous about commiting to a very drastic surgery-even to save one's life? I got to the point, though, that I just could not wait for it to happen. I would have skipped to the OR if they let me. My life and thoughts revolved around my DS for months before and after the surgery that's all normal. good luck to you on the wild ride you have to look forward to. It was a blast when every time I stepped on the scale and weighed a bit less. You have lots to look forward to including good health!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

MsBatt
on 2/17/12 8:13 am
I'm 8 years post-op, and I've had no regrets. Odds are good you never will either.
LosingSally
on 2/18/12 5:41 pm
If you change your mind what do you foresee as happening then?
Another diet? 
Just give up, keep asking for the seatbelt extender on planes, avoid booths, wonder if the kids or grands are embarrassed when we have to go to thier events at school, keep increasing the pills we take to try and stay alive, wear dress tents because the pretty stylish dresses aren't in our size, ache from walking, from sitting too long, from laying too long on one side in bed, grocery shop and have people look like we aren't supposed to even eat, die younger than we should cause diabetes and heart desease is a *****
We all have the 2 week freak. I bet you already thought of all the reasons you need your surgery.
Don't second guess yourself now.
Best wishes.
mrsannie
on 2/19/12 1:33 am
 I was the same way!  I was excited and knew I had to do what I had to do, but I was also flooded with fear and indecision!  You are always afraid of the unknow, that's natural.

What I will tell you, is I am so grateful that I did it!  I am 21/2 years out and things may not have always been smooth and I have my issues, but  would do it again in a minute!  This time however I wouldn't have waited so long to start my life.  The surgery was rough and the recovery sucked, but once its done, its done and you can start living.  Life is good!  :)

PM me if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Anne

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"